NEWS & VIEWS

Global private equity and venture capital news and research

Archer Capital revs up V8 Supercars investment

17 May 2011

Australian private equity firm Archer Capital has invested in V8 Supercars in a deal valuing the auto-racing championship at AUS$300m ($316.8m).

The 18 V8 Supercars racing teams and founding investor, Sports Entertainment Ltd have entered into a sale agreement with Archer-controlled Australian Motor Racing Partners (AMRP)

Australian Motor Racing Partners will hold 60 per cent of V8 Supercars, while the racing teams and management will hold the remaining 40 per cent. Until now, the championship has been 75 per cent owned by the teams, and Sports Entertainment Limited has held 25 per cent.

AMRP director Andrew Gray said, “AMRP is excited to be investing in a sport that is an established part of the global motorsport landscape and revered by millions of fans. Custodianship of that support base is the most vital task for the business and we are committed to partnering with the racing teams and V8 Supercars management to continue to deliver outstanding championship events.”

Copyright © 2011 AltAssets

FUNDRAISING & INVESTOR RELATIONS


Legals & Terms of UsePrivacy Policy


AltAssets is registered as a trademark of Investor Networks Limited (06695690).
Registered Office: Zetland House, 5-25 Scrutton St, London EC2A 4HJ
Content is © AltAssets 2000-2014