NEWS & VIEWS

Global private equity and venture capital news and research

Daiwa Securities aims takeover of private equity firm Daiwa SMBC Capital

15 May 2009

Daiwa Securities Group, Inc, one of Japan’s biggest securities brokerages, is planning to launch a takeover bid to acquire the remaining shares of private equity and venture capital firm Daiwa SMBC Capital, according to reports.

Daiwa Securities already owns a 46.2 per cent stake in the private equity firm and is now looking to acquire the remaining 53.8 per cent. The group is offering to pay 563 yen ($5.92) per share, for 5.74 million shares.

The transaction, which if completed will make Daiwa SMBC Capital a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daiwa Securities Group, is expected to close on 18 June.

Both firms are based in Japan.

Copyright © 2009 AltAssets

FUNDRAISING & INVESTOR RELATIONS


Legals & Terms of UsePrivacy Policy


AltAssets is registered as a trademark of Investor Networks Limited (06695690).
Registered Office: Zetland House, 5-25 Scrutton St, London EC2A 4HJ
Content is © AltAssets 2000-2014